Wednesday, October 8, 2008

English Teacher Musings

Essays, unit packets, lesson plans, meetings. Then grading, reading, checking, monitoring. Man, I am overwhelmed--and that's just at work! Not to mention my family, me-time, all my extra-curriculars, and just some good ole' fun and/or do-nothingness. I think I got overly ambitious trying out some new things that I find myself where I was last year yet again creating so much from scratch. Yes I have plenty of loaned and borrowed (ahem, stolen) things too, but it was supposed to be easier this year. In many ways it is, but I must be doing something wrong--ah well, maybe I'll figure it out by Monday (Columbus day is good for something!)

1 comments:

Ms. Um... said...

I totally understand that feeling! The first couple of weeks felt easier-- but the last 6 weeks have felt even busier than I remember last year being. I think partly I've tried to be more challenging and assign more work now that I'm not learning things the night before! But all that's done is give me more grading than I've ever had before. Grading will be the death of me before anything else... I hope you are finding a balance though! Would love to catch up sometime soon. Have a great week!