Saturday, July 12, 2008

Sure to Make a Teacher Smile


Hopefully you fellow educators caught the penny-sale last week at Staples? This is teacher-economics at its best: Four hundred pencils for 0.54! I think this year the forgetful frequent offenders will have to barter the correct lit term to get a taste of this minor commodity. I can just see it now--
Scholar: Miss K, do you have a pencil? (They always walk right into it).
Miss K: Sure I do, because I never come to class unprepared. But you'll have to tell me what it's called when inanimate objects or animals are given human characteristics before I can offer my goods. (Wait five seconds) If you don't know, ya' betta ask somebody.
(Another pause--gets help from classmate--)
Scholar: Oh yeah--personification!
I'm thinking it will be a constant reminder of earning what you get, and might encourage peer learning as well.
But of course I'm open to other ideas.

1 comments:

the prisoner's wife said...

notice how procrastination got the better of me & i didn't go to the sale. *slaps self up-side the forehead*

i like you idea of making them earn it, tho. hopefully that one will stick.